Skywatcher ESPRIT-150ED Apochromat - Starlight 3,5" Feather Touch
ESPRIT 150 mm f/7 FPL53 Triplet Super Apo with 3.5" Feather Touch Focuser
Optics and mechanics of this apochromat meet highest quality criteria. Astrophotographers can attach even heavy cameras to the focuser without fearing any tilting. The selected triplet lens offer perfect images even at the highest magnifications. The visual resolution is usually limited only by the seeing of our atmosphere.Features of the Esprit 150 mm f/7 apo:
Air-spaced triplet lens with FPL53 ED element from Ohara, for full color correction
- Temperature compensated cell, adjustable
- CNC-machined tube with internal baffles
- Starlight Feather Touch 3.5" focuser with 2" and 3" receptacle and with threaded connection
- 360° rotation of the focuser with optimal centering
- Retractable dew cap
- Robust aluminium case with extra telescope support and space for accessories ensures safe transport
- Individual quality control by APM
The lens of the 150 mm apo:
We have been searching for a long time for the right lens for a true high-end apochromat, and struck lucky with the Skywatcher ESPRIT 150. We have compared the image with other apochromats like TEC or LZOS and we have not found quality differences. Even on the optical bench the lens reaches this high level. To ensure this level for all of these 150 mm ESPRIT apochromats, each object lens is tested on our optical bench prior to shipping.
The image of the objective is free from disturbing chromatic aberration, despite the high speed of f/7. The elements are not cemented, but air-spaced. As APO element, the well-known FPL53 from Ohara (Japan) is used. The temperature-compensated cell allows for perfect alignment of the elements to each other and also of the complete objective. The collimation is maintained very well, so we can recommend the apochromat also for mobile use.The 3.5" Starlight focuser of the apo:
In our experience this focuser is the optimum for demanding applications like astrophotography with heavy CCD cameras. The focuser is also well suited for visual observation. Of course, the focuser can be upgraded with a motor.
- Generous travel of the draw tube of 114.3 mm - you don´t need additional extension rings.
- The draw tub does not yield even at high load.
- Bearing and adjustment are decoupled. Adjustment is done via a helical toothed rack - absolutely backlash-free.
- Eyepiece and camera sided, a 3" receptacle, a 2" receptacle and the male M113x1 thread for threaded adaptions are at your disposal.
- The focuser is 360° rotatable.
What is the difference to the regular Skywatcher Esprit 150:
- Each ESPRIT150ED apo with FT focuser is tested on the optical bench prior to shipping. Only lenses that perform optimally on the bench will be shipped.
- The 3.5" Feather Touch focuser is just a class of its own. The quality of the optics can also be completely implemented mechanically.
- The rest of the telescope (dew cap, case, ...) is comparable to the regular Esprit. Now you can decide whether you order the regular Esprit or this one from us. We have both lines in our program.
Scope of Delivery:
- ESPRIT 150 mm apochromat
- 8x50 finder with finder shoe
- Starlight FTF3545 focuser with telescope adapter
- Tube Rings
- Transport case
High-End APO refractor with image free from chromatic aberration and best mechanics for demanding observation and astrophotography.