TS 12" f/5.3 ONTC Carbon Tube Newtonian telescope - fully customizable
ONTC Newtonian Telescopes from Teleskop Service are a unique system on the market
choose the components and the bias of your telescope and get a
Newtonian without compromises for reaching your astronomical goals.
We are happy to help you with the configuration and create a complete concept tailored to measure and according to your wishes.Please consult our sales department by phone or email
Tel.: 06835 / 923 949 -0 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe ONTC Newtonian with 303 mm aperture and 1600 mm focal length
This Newtonian ist he ULTIMATE telescope for lunar and planetary observation for amateurs with an observatory or a garden. With a suitable secondary mirror, we can force the obstruction below 20%. Optically, this ONTC Newtonian achieves the power of a 9“ APO refractor for a fraction of the price.
We suggest a bigger mount if you have interest in Astrophotography. The Celestron CGEM-DX, Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 or Losmandy G-11 should be the minimum. A good choose is the EQ8, if you want to mount the newtonian in an observatory.The advantages
- optimized configuration for astrophotographic or visual use by choosing different focusers, focus positions or secondary mirrors
- Exchange of the secondary without problems - anytime
selcted optics are used. Also the functionality of the optical and
mechanical components are tested before shipping the ONTC.
- A complete production log is included.
- The edge of the secondary is blackened against reflexes and stray light.
carbon tube is made in Germany. It is manufactured in a carbon/rigid
foam sandwich construction for a perfect stability at an unbeatable
- Fantastic temperature compensating performance - barely any temperature based focus drift
- The mirror cells are manufactured in Germany, too. The telescope can be collimated completely without tools.
telescope, many focal distances - due to different correctors! The
correctors need different focus positions above the focuser. The tube
offers three positions of the main mirror cell.
Anti reflex paint for maximal contrast
use Berger Antireflexfarbe (anti reflex paint) for the inner wall of
the tubes. It blackens the wall as good as velours, but has less weight
and will not attract dust. The optics will stay clean.Choose a suitable focuser
free choice of the focuser makes the ONTC Newtonians unique. Thus you
can easily adapt your new telescope optimally to your wishes. Please do
not forget to select the base for attaching the focuser to the tube. You
can choose from our whole range. A few recommendations are given below:
Three possible focus positions above the 2" tube of the focuser
- TS 2" UNC Newtonian Crayford focuser - short
priced 2" Crayford focuser for observing and photography with DSLR
cameras. The short focuser needs only 75 mm optical path.
- Starlight Feather Touch 2" focuser - 20 mm draw tube travel
focuser for maximal stability without compromises. In addition, the
focuser is very short, together with the base, it is only 50 mm high.
- MoonLite 2.5" Newtonian focuser with 360° rotation
2.5" Moonlite focuser is especially precise and perfectly suited for
heavy cameras. It is ideally suitable for long 2" correctors or for the
2.5" Wynne corrector. The focuser offers, besides 2" receptacle, also a
screwed M68x1 connection.
- Orion ACU-3S 3" Crayford focuser with M82x1 thread
massive 3" focuser is our recommendation for astrophotographers who
want to work with a 3" Newtonian corrector. These correctors are screwed
to the M82 thread of the focuser.
- Starlight FTF3215B-A TRUE 3" Feather Touch Focuser
THE high-end focuser for Newtonian telescopes and real 3" correctors
from TeleVue, ASA or TS Optics. With very precise 3" compression ring
clamping - as good as screwed adaptions.
- Astrophotography with the standard coma correctors - 65 mm above the 2" tube (STANDARD Version)
version is optimized for the standard correctors like the TS coma
corrector, the Baader MPCC or the ASA Quattro. For visual use, you need
to add the 2" extension tube.
- Astrophotographic use with the ASA 2" Reducer/corrector - 90 mm above the 2" tube
position is ideal for the use of the ASA Reducer/corrector ASA2KORRR.
The reducer brings the system up from f/5.3 to f/3.8. This version is also
suited for the GPU corrector, which may not put completely into the
- Visual use - 35 mm above 2" tube
that version for visual use of the telescope. For this telescope line,
we recommend the 58 mm secondary mirror. The 2" Paracorr VIP-2010 also
works fine with this focus position.
The focus positions
are calculated and achieved by changing the primary mirrors position. Of
course you can also get other positions if you want, i.e. if you want
to use a 3" coma corrector. The three we mentioned are the most common
ones.Further customizable parts
- Tube color - Carbon nature or laminated
of a neat carbon glossy film, we can also offer a hard constrast white
finish. Other colours are also possible, but bright colours will show
more signs of wear if transported frequently.
- Tube rings or bar directly connected to the tube
scope of delivery includes rings with a flat base on both sides.
According to your wish, we can also attach a dovetail bar (Losmandy or
Vixen style) directly to the tube. If choosing that modification, the
tube gets additional fibre layers where necessary.
- ONTC Newtonian Telescope WITHOUT focuser, WITHOUT base (see options)
- Tube rings or dovetail rail
- Finder base
- Dust caps for front part and focuser
- Collimation manual
- Manual for mounting the primary mirror
- Production log
ONTC Newtonian Telescopes from Teleskop Service are a unique system on the marketYou choose the components and the bias of your telescope and get a Newtonian without compromises for reaching your astronomical goals