TS-Optics AZ5 Alt-azimuthal Mount with fine adjustment in both axes
AZ5 offers features not available with other alt-azimuthal mounts.
Attach heavy telescopes to the mount and enjoy the precise fine
adjustment in both axes. The mount is also sold as SKYTEE, among other
The TSAZ5 can accommodate two different instruments in
parallel. Of course, both ones will take part in all turns. Thus you can
attach the main instrument to the main axis and binoculars or a finder
to the 90° offset side axis. If the second instrument is a bit heavier,
change the position of the counterweight shaft and gain perfect balance.
All counterweights with 20 mm bores (Vixen, Meade, Skywatcher ...) fit,
but they should not have a diameter which is to big.
The advantages at a glance
- maximum load 13 kg, at full stability
- fine adjustment with clamping in both axes
- telescope mounting with robust quick coupling with area clamping
- further attachment with 90° offset for binoculars or spotting scopes - up to 5 kg can be kept in balance
- counterweight shaft included in delivery, can be attached in two positions
- comes with stable stainless steel tripod which can be extended up to 140 cm
- TSAZ5 alt-azimuthal Mount - mount head
- Counterweight shaft