TS SCT Star Diagonal Mirror with 91% Reflectivity
This is a very affordable star diagonal with an exceptional mechanical and optical quality within its price range. Even compared with many much more expensive star diagonals we couldn't see a difference in image quality.
2" Star Diagonals offer a larger possible field of view compared with 1.25" diagonals. This is particularly important for deep sky observing through Schmidt-Cassegrains and Maksutovs with their rather long focal length.
The diagonal screws directly onto the SCT thread at the rear of the telescope. Most Schmidt-Cassegrains and many Maksutovs have this thread. The diagonal accepts both 1.25" and 2" accessories.Compatible Telescopes
- Celestron / Meade SCTs
- Intes / Intes Micro Maksutov Cassegrains
- and similar
Brass Compression Rings ( 2" and 1.25" )
- all metal design
- SC thread adpatation
- 2" accessories are held in place with a brass compression ring
- 1.25" adapter also with compression ring
- very good optical quality
1.25" and 2" accessories are securely held in place using a compression ring.
The advantages of compression rings compared with regular locking screws are:
- the compression ring avoids signs of use. Accessories are not scratched.
- safer grip and a reduced tendency that accessories are tilted out of the optical axis.
- 2" SCT diagonal mirror. 2" clamp with compression ring
- 2"-on-1.25" adaptor with M48 filter thread and 1.25" compression ring
- dustcaps on the eyepiece side
- strong giftbox
TS SCT Star Diagonal Mirror is a very affordable star diagonal with an exceptional mechanical and optical quality within its price range