LACERTA M-GEN Stand Alone Autoguider
... Autoguiding without Computer - with 12V AC
The Lacerta MGEN stand alone autoguider (made in Hungary) performs all the tasks you expect of an autoguider, without the help of a computer. It consists essentially of two parts - handbox and camera.
The camera is a true CCD (Sony ICX279AL-E 752x852 Pixel, 3.6x2.7 mm, Pixel ca. 4.7 Mikron) and comes with a standard T2 thread to connect to a guidescope or offaxis guider. Because only the area around the guide star is read out while guiding, the camera readout is very fast. High sensitivity allows to guide safely on a 10mag star with a 90mm guidescope (1 sec. integration intervals), even guiding to a 12mag star (4 sec. integration time) was possible in field tests!
The handbox features a backlitten display (128x64 pixel) showing a live picture of the camera, and all necessary menu items to choose from. There are LEDs accompanying the 6 adjustment buttons showing status of the MGEN and the directions of correctiive signals (RA +/- Dec +/-).
The guiding parameters are fully user-definable, for many of them there is also an automatic setting available.
After choosing a guide star one can adjust, among other things:
- refresh rate and exposure time of the guiding camera (both from 0,1 to 4 sec., independent, or automatic)
- correction speed for both axes set individually
- tolerance (default 0,5 pixel, up to 127 pixel in 0,1 steps)
- autocalibration (camera set in any angle to RA/Dec axes)
- Canon EOS control: Number, times and waiting time of exposures, and delay after mirror lockup
- special mode to record tracking error of the mount
- statistic functions (seeing conditions, backlash, etc.), downloadable via USB
- dithering: after every exposure the mount is shfted to change the field of view for some pixels, that allows better eliminating dark noise, as the patterns do not sum up in the stack.
- firmware USB upgradeable
Order of delivery:
- MGEN Autoguider
- USB cable
- autoguiding cable - ST4 compatible
- RJ45 cable