TS Optics Alt-azimuth Mount with geared fine adjustment and height-adjustable stainless steel tripod
The TSAZGP is a versatile mount for astronomy, landscape viewing and photography. With its 6 kg weight, the mount is still portable and can be disassembled into two parts with only a few steps. The TSAZGP handles telescopes and spotting scopes up to 8 kg with good stability.
- Coarse adjustment for quick panning - horizontal 360° - vertical 0-90°
- Working height continuously adjustable from approximately 90 cm to 130 cm
- Fine adjustment with flexible shafts in both axes, makes tracking of slowly moving objects or precise centering at high magnifications easy
- suitable for telescopes, spotting scopes and telephoto lenses up to 8 kg
- convenient quick release (GP level) - matching dovetail plates are available
- The fork arm can be tilted by 45° - thereby you can use longer telescopes
- Ideal for observing the countryside with spotting scopes
The Alt-azimuth mount is a real multi-talent - area of useDaylight viewingAstronomy
- setting up and start - that is possible with this mount. The height-adjustable aluminum tripod allows for a customizable viewing height from 90 cm to 130 cm. Birders, for example, can follow the object between the trees and center it exactly into the middle by the fine adjustment.Photography
- attach your telephoto lens to the mount with fitting photo dovetail plates. The AZ is an excellent alternative to photo tripods. The advantages of the AZ compared to common photo tripods are obvious. The AZ is more stable than usual photo tripods and it has a fine adjustment worthy of its name. The AZ mount is a REAL geared head. Additionally, you can balance the telephoto lens perfectly. That allows for especially smooth panning.Travelling
- a special plus of the AZ mount is that you can take off the fork arm from the base in a few seconds. This gives you two units which are suitable for air travel and can be reassembled within a few seconds.Fast panning and exact tracking and centering
Both tasks are handled very well by the TSAZGP. Unfasten both clamping levers and you can swivel the instrument as desired, thus tracking objects which are moving very fast. When you have reached the object, fasten the levers slightly so the gear has an effect and you can do finest adjustments with the flexible shafts. Thus you can center the object exaclty in the middle or track planets and stars.Versatile quick release - more than just a mounting
The TSAZGP offers an innovative quick release for mounting every instrument, from telephoto lens to a telescope, trouble-free and without tools. You can find suitable dovetail bars in the recommendations section. In our view, no photo tripod offers similar capabilities.
With a suitable dovetail bar, for example, you can shift a spotting scope, thus reaching perfect balance. This improves readjusting and makes generally for more viewing comfort.A special feature - the inclination of the fork arm is adjustable
A very useful feature is the adjustable inclination of the fork arm. You can set it vertically or tilt it by 45°. The vertical position is best for very short spotting scopes or telescopes - if terrestrial observations are your main intention.
You will use the 45° inclination for astronomical purposes if you want to slew longer telescopes unrestricted to the zenith. This way, hitting a tripod leg with the telescope can be avoided. Inclination also makes sense for binoculars, thus you can achieve a more comfortable view in.Delivery contents
- Alt-azimuth Mount
- Stainless steel tripod
- Allen wrench for adjusting the fork arm
- 2x Flexible shafts
TS Optics Altazimuth Mount with geared fine adjustment and height-adjustable stainless steel tripod