iOptron Minitower Pro - alt-azimuth GoTo Mount with 15 kg carrying capacityAn excellent portability GoTo Mount with tripod
The iOptron MiniTower PRO is a compact and portable GoTo mount with an outstanding load capacity. You can easily attach telescopes up to 15 kg to the MiniTower PRO. A Celestron C11, a 6" refractor or a 10" RC are effortlessly supported by the MiniTower PRO, and that combined with a better portability than an NEQ5 mount. Due to precise worms and worm wheels, tracking is very smooth.
Advantages and features of the iOptron Minitower Pro:
- Four ball bearings for optimal stiffness
- Typical GOTO accuracy of 1 arc minute
- Metal worm & gears
- 1x Losmandy-format & 2x Vixen-format dovetails clamps included
- Dual scope setup with the second Vixen dovetail clamp attached to the counterweight bar
- Automatic protection against twisting of the cables
- Automatic protection for both axes against mechanical shocks
- 3 stars calibration of the mount
- Manual push to for both axes
- Stable stainless steel tripod with D=50 mm legs - height adjustable
- 8401 controller with 130K object database
- 32 channel built in GPS module
- Very high accuracy optical encoders 0.1 arc sec
- USB Port & Cable
- Standard counterweight included
- Aluminium travel case included
- 12 V DC adaptor cable with car lighter plug included
- Mount weight: 4.7 kg
- Mount height: 260 mm
- Mount width: 220 mm
- Tripod weight: 8 kg
- Tripod height: 860 ... 1400 mm
The iOptron MiniTower Pro has all features of the MiniTower, but now with more payload and with improved tracking. If you want to keep a big telescope ultra-portable and do not want the heavy fork mounts, the MiniTower Pro is a real alternative.Portable!
With all the standard components (excluding the tripod) packaged in an alloy metal case, the MiniTower ProTM can easily be carried around in a car trunk or as an airline luggage. The whole system takes only 10 minutes to assemble. This unlimited portability, combined with the internal GPS, gives amateur astronomers extreme flexibility in selecting an observing location.Accurate GOTO and Tracking!
Equipped with the most advanced SmartStar®GOTO technology, MiniTower ProTM is one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts. The standard 8401 hand controller offers the superb navigation experience with an 8 line LCD back-lit display, a 130,000 object database and a USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control. With a typical GOTO accuracy of 1 arc minute and the SmartStar® precision auto-tracking, the MiniTower ProTM will consistently bring the celestial object of your choice to the center of the eye-piece and keep tracking for hours.
Additional Unique Features! Powered with other features such as automatic over-current protection, automatic clutch protection for both axes, easy 3-point level adjustment, dual scope setup with two dovetails and much more, the MiniTower ProTM is one of the most user-friendly GOTO mounts available today.Delivery contents
- Minitower Pro
- Transport case for mount
Sturdy alt-azimuth GoTo mount for travelling.