ATIK Filter wheel for 5 x 1.25'' Filter - T2 connection - short design
The ATIK Filter wheel offers many advantages for the use of 1 1/4" filters in astronomy. You can use it for photography and for visual observing.
Advantages of ATIK filter wheels compared to cheap wheels from China:
- Safe storage for your filters. Your filters are dustprotected in the Filterwheel. No more problems with humidity or pollution.
- Changing filters in seconds. Rotate the wheel and you are able to compare different filters.
- Very short length. Enables you to use the filter wheel also on Newtonians and other telescopes with very short focus.
In general, higher quality workmanship. The wheel has teflon bearings, so it works without wear. At simple filter wheels after longer usage it won´t works precisely and the filters could have a missalignment.The filter wheel is built very short
With only 24.5 mm length the filter wheel is very short. Without using the T2 nut you can save a few millimeters.
Combined with our short Off-Axis Guiders you won´t have any problems to get focus also with telescopes with very short focus.This filterwheel is very easy to equipe
In a few minutes you have disassembled, assembled and reassembled. You can use every 1 1/4" filter.The T2 guard ring - determine the camera position
With the T2 guard ring you can determine the wanted camera position.
- Turn the guard ring into the internal positon
- Screw the camera 4 to 6 turns on the T2 connector up to it´s in the right position
- Now fasten the guard ring - the position will be remain
- Filter wheel without filter
- Adapter 1 1/4" and T2 thread
- Guard ring
Particularly flat built 1 1/4" filter wheel from ATIK.