Starlight Feather Touch TRUE 3.0" Diameter Dual Speed Focuser with 88.9 mm Travel
The FTF3235B-A is a high-end focuser for Apo refractor telescopes which are equipped with larger correctors for astrophotography, but also for viewing with 3" eyepieces.
- draw tube travel 3.5" or 88.9 mm
- 100 % correct position of the image plane - the draw tube does not bend
- 81.28 mm clear aperture, enough to illuminate full-frame sensors
- 3.2" clear aperture allows using 3" compression rings and thus 3" eyepieces
- adjustment of the draw tube through rack and pinion. The tube itself is ball bearing mounted
- mounting adapter with 360° rotation
Starlight Instruments TRUE 3" Feather Touch dual speed focuser - 88.9 mm travel
This true 3" Feather Touch Focuser has the same design and style that you have come to love but is over-sized to allow and accept 3" viewing accessories.
The opening of the draw tube is 3.2" and when used with a 3" compression ring end cap, it will allow a 3" eyepiece, diagonal or any other 3" viewing accessory to be used. That is the difference to a standard 3" focuser.
Photographically, the focuser offers a better illumination than 2" focuser, needed for working with larger sensors or faster telescopes.
With 88.9 mm, the travel range is generous and allows for using the focuser on instruments with large back-focus.
The advantages of the Feather Touch focuser from Starlight:
- 100 % correct position of the image plane - no tilting or bending
- good illumination also for larger sensors
- gear reduction for exact focusing
- free adaption to different telescope types
- Brake for adjusting of the drag makes clamping unnecessary
- adjusting and bearing are uncoupled
- brass gear rack and hardened stainless steel gear wheels ensures precise adjustment even under maximum load
- long life cycle - the Feather Touch focuser is made for at least the life of the telescope it is attached to
- wide range of accessories and adapters available, including motorisation
- 360° Rotation Adapter
The new TRUE 3.0" Focuser by Starlight.