Feather Touch TRUE 3.0" Diameter Dual Speed Focuser with 38 mm Travel
The FTF3215B-A is the high-end focuser for Newtonian telescopes which are equipped with larger correctors for astrophotography, but also for viewing with 3" eyepieces.
- draw tube travel 1.5" or 38 mm
- 100 % correct position of the image plane - the draw tube does not bend
- 81,28 mm clear aperture, enough to illuminate full-frame sensors
- 3.2" clear aperture allows using 3" compression rings and thus 3" eyepieces
- very precise 3" compression ring, reduction to 2" and D086 mm connecting thread for threaded adaptions
- adjustment of the draw tube through rack and pinion. The tube itself is ball bearing mounted
- mounting adapter with 360° rotation and 120 mm connecting thread is included
Starlight Instruments TRUE 3" Feather Touch dual speed focuser - 38 mm (1.5") travel
This true 3" Feather Touch Focuser has the same design and style that you have come to love but is over-sized to accept 3" accessories for astrophotography and visual observing.
The opening of the draw tube is 3.2" and when used with a 3" compression ring, it will allow a 3" eyepiece, diagonal or any other 3" viewing accessory to be used. That is the difference to a standard 3" focuser.
The 3" clamping is extremely precise, tilting is not possible. Nevertheless, the focuser allows a screwed-in connection by a female thread with 86 mm diameter.
Photographically, the focuser offers a better illumination than 2" focuser, needed for working with larger sensors or faster telescopes.
With 38 mm (1.5"), the travel range is tight, but on the other hand the focuser can be used with Newtonian telescopes, as the tube does not protrude too much into their tube.
The advantages of the Feather Touch focusers from Starlight:
- 100 % correct position of the image plane - no tilting or bending
- good illumination also for larger sensors
- includes reduction to 2" with compression ring
- gear reduction for exact focusing
- free adaption to different telescope types
- brake for adjusting of the drag makes clamping unnecessary
- adjusting and bearing are uncoupled
- brass gear rack and hardened stainless steel gear wheels ensures precise adjustment even under maximum load
- long life cycle - the Feather Touch focuser is made for at least the life of the telescope it is attached to
- wide range of accessories and adapters available, including motorisation
- 360° rotation adapter
The new Starlight Feather Touch Focuser with true 3".